A Quick Tour of the World’s Greatest Road Trip Car!
Here is a quick tour of the car that we used to break the New York to LA Cannonball record. The pictures are of the car after we got it back. The car is a 2004 Mercedes CL55 AMG that began the trip with about 115k miles and finished with around 118k. I have owned the car since June of 2012. Here is a list of what we had in the car.
- Valentine 1 Radar/Laser Detector x 2
- Passport/Escort Radar/Laser Detector & Diffuser
- Laser Interceptor Laser Diffuser/Jammer
- 2 x Garmin GPS Units with XM Traffic
- 3 x iPhone Cradles with Chargers
- iPad Cradle and Charger
- Satellite Tracking Device
- Uniden Police Scanner with GPS & Radio Antenna
- Cobra 29 CB Radio with K40 Antenna
- Toll passes for the pertinent areas
- 2 x 2 Gallon Auxiliary Fuel Cells with Transfer Pumps
- Custom Switch Panel with kill switch for rear lights, fuel pump control, power to all devices, Passport & LI Controls
- Power Inverter with Outlets in Center Console
- Full Size Spare
- Fire Extinguisher
- Full Size Hydraulic Jack
- A few things that we won’t talk about here!